5 Plastic Packaging Trends To Watch Out For
As the consumer market changes, plastic packaging needs to keep up. Recently, retail packaging has become more creative and unique than ever before. If you are looking to spruce up your packaging choices, consider the following trends. They are sure to take your containers to the next level.
- Conscious Choices: Green packaging is now the norm rather than the outlier, and you need to keep up to compete. Now more than ever, businesses are choosing plastic containers over glass. This requires less material, making it a more eco-friendly choice. To take this a step further, encourage your customers to recycle or reuse the package once they are done using it.
- Vintage Labels: Today’s labels are going back to the early days of modern consumerism. From cereal box labels to soda bottles, consumers can feel like they are browsing a 50s supermarket. If you don’t want to change your labels altogether, you might consider offering a limited edition line of your vintage products.
- Bold Color Palettes: With so many product options on the shelves, it’s important to make yours stand out. That’s why many companies are choosing to feature an accent color over more muted tones. This catches the eyes of shoppers and offers interesting opportunities for rebranding.
- Snappy Copy: Another fun way to catch consumers is to use witty phrases on your customizable packaging solutions/options. Feel free to take risks, as customers often post interesting or funny packages on social media. This opens up an entire world of digital marketing opportunities for your business.
- Ergonomic Design: While customers enjoy funny phrases and pretty colors, they also want a practical design. This is where the actual structure of your package comes in. Clamshell packaging, a blister package that folds in on itself, has become quite popular for this reason.
By constantly modifying your customizable packaging solutions/options, you can keep up with your competition and draw in new customers with ease. Just be sure you market your new packaging, as that could also spike interest. Also pay attention to which types of labels and containers are working well for your business, and be sure to adjust accordingly.